PURE STOCK RULES 2017
The class is open to 1965 or newer American made full frame cars No high performance cars, convertibles, or front wheel drive cars.
1. Wheel base must remain within 1” of stock for the make/year of car used.
2. Outside body must be complete and resemble the factory original.
3. All glass must be removed
4. Mounted centered over roll cage
5. No half roofs and no roof spoilers
6. Bodies must be fully mounted in a safe matter, with no external or internal sharp edges.
FORMER PRO/SUPER STOCKS(To be eligible you must meet the following standards)
1. Motor must be in original stock location.
2. Motor must meet the current rules for Pure Stock specification.
3. Cars with jacking bolts must have them removed and use the jacking bolt holes for the front shocks. NO EXCEPTIONS.
1. American made sedan, station wagon or truck bodies allowed. All cars must have factory stock wheelbase. A 1” tolerance will be allowed
2. No front wheel drive cars. No sub compact cars. Full frame cars highly recommended. May use any make body on any make chassis.
3. (Example: Ford body on GM chassis, GM body on Ford Body, Chrysler Body on GM Chassis and so on).
4. Chassis body must be complete.
5. Cars may use aftermarket steel replacement panels but each panel must retain OEM dimensions and style.
6. Straight panels, homemade, square looking or bodies resembling a late model will not be allowed.
7. Inside door, inner fender trunk floor, and dash may be removed.
8. Fender may be cut for wheel clearance.
9. All glass must be removed.
10. Windshield openings must be covered with ½ inch wire screen heavy gauge.
11. Floorboards must be complete with all holes patched from front firewall to rear firewall. From outside edge to outside edge to frame rail. Passenger side floor can be removed. Can be replace by either 20- gauge steel or 050 aluminum, from center of hump to passenger side top door bar (must be no higher than straight sloped)
12. NO LATE MODEL COCK PIT.
13. Front firewall must be in stock location, (can be replaced with 20 gauge steel or .080 aluminum plate) and rear firewall and rear window shelf must be sealed
14. Off from driver’s compartment with at least 20- gauge steel, No holes. All doors must be welded or bolted shut.
All Cars must be presentable
15.Hood scoops are allowed 3” maximum height but no cowl induction, air boxes or any system of forced air induction allowed. No part of air cleaner Can be exposed above hood.
16. Window net is required on driver’s side.
17. No cable linage allowed.
18. All gas pedals must have toe lift.(OEM or aftermarket )
STEEL BODY RULES:
1. Steel bodies only - Race teams that attempt to fabricate their own bodies must follow these rules
1. Any car not resembling the original body design will not be allowed to compete.
2. No shoebox bodies.
3. Speedway technical team may dismiss car from competeing for not maintaining body requirements.
4. NOTE: Rules apply to exterior body panels only.
1. Factory steel roofs only.
1. Aluminum 0.50) or steel must cover complete engine compartment.
2. Hood scoops allowed maximum 3” high 21 inch wide.
1. May be OEM or aftermarket replica.
2. Must have nose piece.
3. Must fit body correctly.
4. No late model type flares.
1. Must be constructed out of steel.
2. Fenders must resemble OEM fenders.
3. No late model flares.
4. Fenders must cover 90% of tire.
1. Must be constructed out of steel.
2. Doors must be original dimensions (within reason).
3. Edges must be rolled or broke for strength and form.
4. Must carry some sort of body lines with fenders and quarter panel in middle of body.
5. No flat panels.
6. Quarter panel must extent 36” from centerline of differential to trailing edge of quarter panel.
UPPER QUARTER PANEL:
1. Must be constructed out steel
2. Panels must match OEM original dimensions (within reason).
1. May be constructed out of steel or aluminum.
2. Must cover complete rear section of car and be removable for inspection.
1. Aftermarket tail piece recommended.
2. For line-up purposes it is recommended car number be clearly displayed on rear of car.
1. May be aluminum or lexan.
2. Maximum height 5 inches.
3. Spoiler side boards may not exceed 5 inches in height or 6 inches in length and must not exceed beyond the main spoiler.
4. May be tapered from tallest point to lowest point equal on both sides.
5. Spoiler must be non-adjustable.
1. Aluminum seat is mandatory, minimum .095” mandatory.
2. NO fiberglass, bucket seats, or factory original cat seats.
3. Seat must be mounted no further back than 32” from center than rear housing, measured from rear end to bottom of seat back.
4. Driver must be protected by a sealed front and rear firewall.
5. Stock firewalls must be replaced by 20 gauge steel or .80 “aluminum.
6. Rear window shelf must be completely sealed across entire window base to rear firewall.
7. NO sharp edges.
8. Steering column must be aftermarket, but must remain in original location.
9. Aftermarket gas pedals recommended must have toe lift loop.
10. NO cable operated throttles allowed.
11. All pedals must be securely fastened in safe location.
1. Complete 6 point cage with at least main cage a mandatory of 1.5 x 1/8” wall tubing minimum no black iron pipe. All junctions not meeting safety standards may be required to be gusseted. Minimum of 1” vertical bar down center of windshield
2. Area with entire windshield area covered in ½ “square steel screen.
3. All cages must sit on main frame of chassis.
4. Right side of main cage must be welded down to original frame rail even if an inboard straight rail has been added inside the OEM frame.
5. Cars with main hoop mounted to inboard frame rail section must either add 150 pounds to the middle of the OEM ride side frame or
add auxiliary uprights and X frame door bars up to the height of the door and tie them to the main uprights.
6. All cars must have a minimum of 3 door bars on each side with 4 recommended on the driver’s side. When only 3 are used on
driver’s side, there must be sufficient verticalstying them together with gussets.
7. Lower bar cannot be lower than driver’s hip area in seat and top bar must be sufficiently high enough to protect drivers shoulder area.
8. OEM door panels and rocker panels can be removed but must be replaced with crush panels that seal off drivers compartment.
9. Nerf bars are optional between front and rear tires, but must be tight to door panel no sharp edges, and have ends turned inward.
10. Must be securely fastened in at least 2 places to cage and not just to body panels.
11, Nerf bars behind rear tires tying into bumper ends, and must be fastened to frame inside rear fender.
12, Same procedure applies to front corner nerf bars.
13. All nerf bar material must be maximum of 1.5 OD tubing or square stock.
14. Rusted rear frame sections must be replaced by tubular or square steel anywhere behind wheel most suspension mounting point
To rear bumper area.
15. NO collapsible OEM bumper shocks.
16. All bumpers and bumpers support bars must be securely bolted and or welded to frame.
17. All Uni-body cars must have sub frame sections welded in place with both front and rear clips remaining in stock locations and configuration, no strut cars.
18. Bumpers must be securely mounted to frame, with ends enclosed or protected with a minimum of a loop bar in the center Or heavy chain loop for wrecker use, without hood removed.
19. NO cowcatcher type bumpers, or severely over built bumpers allowed.
20. Minimum 1.5” dimension bumper support bar, not to exceed 4’” diameter tubing behind stock type bumpers or nose pieces.
21. All interior roll bars within reach of driver will be padded will roll bar padding
22. NO pipe insulation.
23. Window net is mandatory.
24. NO old net string net is allowed.
25. Drivers must be able to open window net while fastened in car.
1. All suspension components must be in stock and used in stock locations for make of car.
2. Full frame cars can have rear frame from center of rear axle back replaced by 2X3 tubing.
3. Unibody cars can have the frame replaced with 2X3 tubing from 36” behind centerline of front wheels.
4. 2X3 tubing must go over the rear end housing.
5. Front frame on all cars can be replaced forward of the steering box and idler arm only (front steer cars) with tubing.
6. Aftermarket race springs allowed but no coil over or coil spring sliders eliminators, torque arms, or other aftermarket
racing suspension components allowed.
7. Coil spring adjuster cups or solid spring cups allowed front and rear but no jacking bold systems. No method of suspension
Adjustment can be done from inside or outside the car. Car must be jacked up for any adjustment to be made.
8. NO drop spindles or aftermarket hubs, or tie rods, etc. OEM only.
9. Lower A frames OEM stock.
10. Upper A frames may be replaced with a steel shaft tubular A frame.
11. Aftermarket upper A frame mounts allowed in OEM location. Control arm length of 9 inches MAX .
12. No Helm joints used on control arms, tie rods or sway bars. Spindle saver bolt on braces allowed on metric spindles. No Ford or Mopar suspension parts on GM vehicles. No rear sway bars unless factory installed.
1. Stock type rear ends only. May be from different size car.
2. 9” Ford rearend allowed, but must be mounted like OEM rearend centered between the frame rails for that make and model. Components must be steel. (internal and external).
3. NO wide 5 bolt patterns allowed
4. Welded or locked rears allowed
5. Spools allowed, no aluminum parts permitted.
6. Racings axles allowed but no ratchet type differentials, Gold Trac, or any other aftermarket traction control device allowed.
7. Upper Rear control arms may be aftermarket or fabricated. Lower rear must maintain OEM length, and mount In OEM locations.
8. Upper control arms must have stock style bushings.(no offset or mono ball bushings allowed).
9. Lower control arms may not be adjustable and must utilize stock style bushing. (no offset or mono ball bushings allowed).
10. Drive shafts will be painted white and have a minimum of two steel safety hoops near front and rear.
11. NO chains, bungee cords, or tin strapping.
12. NO aluminum drive shafts or half shafts allowed. Maximum 2 inch diameter steel driveshaft.
1. All bolt on lead or added weights must be securely mounted, brightly painted, and have car number on it.
2. All cars must weigh a minimum of 3100 lbs. after racing with driver, no allowances made for water or fuel.
3. All cars must be 50% or less rear weight . (No more than 50% rear weight after the race is complete).
4. Weight and rear percent rule may change at discretion of track officials.
5. Percentage may be lowered for a dominating car as deemed by track officials.
WHEELS & TIRES:
1. 8” steel wheels, may be offset.
2. Aftermarket steel rims highly recommended. (no bead locks allowed).
3. NO wide 5, aluminum or magnesium wheels.
4. D.O.T. tires only 235/75/15 max tire size.
5. All tires on car can be different.
6. Passenger tire rating only. (no winter, mud, truck, or special compound tires allowed).
7. No tire softeners or treatments allowed.
8. Grooving, grinding, or siping is allowed.
9. Minimum of 5 lug nuts per wheel at all times.
10. 1”steel nuts mandatory on all 4 corners with at least ½ “studs, 5/8 recommended.
1. Must have operable and effective 4 wheel brakes.
2. Duel master cylinder allowed.
3. Front and rear brake bias adjuster allowed.
4. Balance bars are allowed with external or remote adjusters.
5. Right front brake shut off valve NOT allowed.
6. All right front brake components must be in place.
7. Rear stock disc brake allowed, but must be OEM type systems.
8. NO aluminum rotors or dual piston calipers.
9. NO electric brake shut off.
1. Steel bodied shocks only, must be non- adjustable, one per corner, mounted in stock location. For type of car.
2. No heim end shocks allowed.
3. $50.00 each shock claim rule.
4. Front shocks must be stock type and in stock location.
1. Stock automatic or stock manual transmission only, with all gears working including reverse.
2. Automatic transmission must have functional 10” torque convertor with no internal modification allowed.
3. NO hollow converters allowed or any method of creating direct drive systems.
4. Manual transmissions must be OEM production type transmissions. 3 or 4 speed transmissions only.
5. All forward and reserve gears must be in working order.
6. Manual transmission must be operated by manual shifter within reach of driver.
7. Clutch must be single disk, OEM style, minimum 10 ½ diameter. No metallic clutch disks allowed.
8. Hydraulic release bearing allowed.
9. Flywheel, pressure plate, clutch disk, and hardware must weigh a minimum of 35 lbs.
1. Engines must sit in stock locations, (fuel pump must be a head of original cross member notched or not).
2. Aftermarket solid motor mounts allowed.
3. Ford GT heads NOT allowed.
4. Cast iron OEM stock production heads only.
5. Any angle job valve job will be permitted as long as it is done on a machine that concentric to the valve guide center.
6. Any amount of valve seats per cylinder head will be allowed to be installed for the purpose of repairing a head.
7. No hand grinding, sanding, blending, or de-burring where a cutter or stone leaves off.
8. Sand blasting, bead blasting, acid dipping, porting, polishing, and welding are prohibited.
9. Stud Girdles WILL be permitted.
10. NO BBC rockers or valve train parts on SBC heads.
11. NO titanium or aluminum valve train parts allowed.
12. Maximum valve size intake 2.05”, exhaust 1.60”.
13. Poly locks allowed.
14. Screw in studs and guide plates allowed but must be OEM size and location.
15. NO BBC studs in SBC heads.
16. NO relieving or unshrouding of valves in combustion chamber.
17. May run double valve springs.
18. Heads must be manufactured by manufacturer of engine block.
19. NO aftermarket or bowtie blocks or heads.
20. All factory casing numbers must remain visible.
21. NO SVO Ford parts.
22. NO aluminum heads even if they were OEM parts.
23. Maximum cubic inch 360. Maximum displacement
24. GM 350 ci+.060, 4” bore x 3.480”stroke.
25. FORD: 351ci+.060”.4” bore x 3.5’ stroke.
26. CHRYSLER: 340ci+060”, 4.040 bore x 3.13” stroke.
27. Blocks may be decked, but piston must not extend above deck at all.
28. Wet sump oil pans only, NO windage screens or modified oiling systems.
29. Stock OEM or oval track claimer style oil pans allowed. ½” pipe plug proposed, and accessible.
30. NO remotely mounted oil filters.
31. Block mounts only.
32. NO gear drives or belt drive cam system, timing chains only.
33. Flat tappet cams only.
34. NO mushroom lifters, or lifters larger than OEM for motor.
VORTEC HEAD AND INTAKE OPTION A HEADS:
1. Stock cast iron heads – no angle plug heads , intake valve 1.94 “ exhaust 1.5 maximum ,(exemption: Ford/Chrysler Maximum 1.6” maximum). Must be stock.
2. Allowable heads must be casting number Vortec heads, stock heads, valves, Vortec heads will have 1.94-1.5 valves.
3. Vortec heads allowed allowed are No: 10239906, 12552520,&1258062. No aftermarket Vortec heads.
4. Pinned or screw in studded on heads allowed.
5. Push rods, rocker arms & valve springs must be stock.
6. Ball tip push rods allowed.
7. Any type lock nuts on rocker arms allowed.
8. NO shaft rockers.
9. Push rod guide plates allowed.
INTAKE OPTION B:
1. Optional aluminum intake for Vortec head only, GM P/N 12366573, Edelbrock 2116, or 7116. Power plus Cyclone 52007.
You must use BRP 377 Carp adapter.
1. Flat top pistons only.
2. Aftermarket pistons allowed as long as they are stock and are OEM type. Minimum 1/16” X 1/16” x 3/16” rings only.
No metric ring or gas porting of pistons allowed.
3. Must have at least 2 valve pockets, piston cannot be fly cut.
4. Floating pistons allowed, but no piston guided rod/pin configurations.
1. Aftermarket I- beam sportsmen replacement rods allowed but rods cannot be longer or lighter than stock OEM for the motor being used.
2. NO olds rods in Chevrolet engines.
3. Aftermarket rod bolts allowed.
4. NO polishing, lightening, drilling, No aluminum rods etc.
5. Balancing or Bushed rods allowed.
6. No type of H-Beam rods allowed.
1. Crank shafts of stock dimensions, weight, and style only must weigh 50 lb. minimum.
2. Balancing of rotating assemble allowed. Stock stroke only for make/ size of engine and size no altering of stock stroke.
1. Cast iron exhaust manifolds are allowed, headers are allowed up to 1 5/8” tube only.
2. Cross overs are allowed but NO 180 degree headers are allowed.
3. NO exhaust can run through driver’s compartment.
4. All headers must exit underneath car with exhaust pipes exiting past behind driver and end before rear tires with no crank case evacuation type systems. (mufflers recommended).
1. Stock cast iron or aluminum intakes only.
2. Aluminum intake part numbers for non Vortec heads allowed are : Edelbrock 2116, Edelbrock 7116, Or Power Plus Cyclone 52001.
3. NO porting, polishing, or any internal work.
4. NO shot blasting acid etching, or other cover up work allowed.
5. A 1” tall fiber or aluminum carburetor adapter may be used to adapt to Holley 2 BBL carb.
6. NO tapered spacers, open spacers, or any adapter modified to allow additional air below carb butterflies.
7. Adapter hole walls must be straight and parallel to each other with a max diameter of 1.75” maximum.
8. Maximum combined height of adapter and gaskets will be 1 1/8” measured from top of intake to base plate of carb.
1. OEM style electronic systems only.
2. NO aftermarket ignition systems allowed, NO traction control, or timing altering devises allowed.
3. NO digital tachometers, NO crank trigger ignitions, or multi coil systems allowed.
1. NO electric water pumps.
2. Pump mounted fans only, NO electric fans.
3. NO flex fans, or aluminum fans.
4. Any radiator but must remain in stock location.
1. Pump gas or track gas only, no additives allowed.
2. 22 gallon fuel cell maximum, with foam and roll over valve mandatory.
3. All fuel lines runs through drivers compartment must be steel and have a fuel shut off well marked and within drivers reach.
4. Stock mounted OEM fuel pump only.
1. Single 4412 Holley 2BBL carburetor, 4412HP is also allowed or Rochester 2BBL.
2. Must have choke horn but all choke hardware can be removed, max throttle bore 1 11/16 “, max venturi diameter 1 3/8 “.
3. Must pass all no-go gauge checks with body, base plate, boosters, throttle shafts, etc. All being unmodified and in stock location.
4. No polishing of any part of carburetor.
5. NO alterations of any part of carburetor allowed, plugging of vacuum ports allowed. Along with welded linkage to the throttle shaft, shaft bushing to correct worn shaft.
6. NO duct systems designs to direct air to intake/carb.